Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update

We miss everyone alot but we are having fun over here. Everything is going great. I love working with the kids. I am teaching 5th and 6th graders, they are so much fun and smart. They know the Bible studies we are teaching already. There are so many adorable and loving kids. I think I had 27ish in my class today. What fun they are. They sing many native songs that I honestly have no clue what they are singing but I love to get into it with them. Picture it! haha. I cant wait to show you pictures, its beautiful here. Other than the monkeys where we are staying we only have seen one other African animal, baboons or macques whichever one. There was a whole group of them just sitting by the road as we drove past. The electricity is actually off during the day and it may or may not come on at night. If it does come on while we are there at night, everyone gets so excited. We can blow out the candles and see more. Showers have been much warmer since the first but that is because we have electricity for some part of the day to warm it up. The food is a little different but not bad at all. The construction on Brandon's end is going pretty good. Today and yesterday were national Zimbabwe holidays so many people here could come and work with us because they were off from their work. "Stuff" isnt as it seems on US national media. The people here are happy despite the difficult circumstances. I am glad we get to see that firsthand with each person we meet. They are making it. We are having a blast down here, its an amazing opportunity that I dont even think we fully realize. Thanks for praying for us and for the updates on Lily. We love each of you. Maybe we will be able to get back to a computer and write again. Caitlin if you read this, Happy Birthday ol' geezer, sorry I missed your day. If any else from YM1 reads this tell her Happy Birthday!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! We miss you!- Sarah from Oncoland

Unknown said...

Hi Mary Beth and Brandon! We miss you!!! Everything is good here - still hanging out in the cave! I've been recording some of the Olympics for you! Be safe and I'll see you soon! Jenn :-)

Unknown said...

P.S. Amy, Meghann, and Fanchette all say hi too - they were busy giving chemo before, and I was trying to post from their account, but I couldn't get the password to work...they will post soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

hi darling! engine is doing well-haven't made it to check on lily yet but plan to do so before you come home! thanks for the bday shout out! i will miss celebrating it w/ you! glad you said y'all were 6 hours different...i had been thinking it was 8! continue to be safe-moses and i miss you!!! tell brandon and john hello for me!

Christy Knutson said...

Hey Mary B and Brandon! So glad to hear things are going well...can't wait to have you over for a welcome home dinner and hear all the details!

Jon and Christy