Thursday, October 4, 2012

Your Birthday

So what all did you do on your 1st birthday?  Your Daddy and I spent much of the day remembering what we were doing at specific times of the day last year.  A much less painful day for me I must say!  It was so much fun to get to tell you Happy Birthday all throughout the day.  And don't worry the song was sung several times as well!

You woke up and in I came with the camera... all flashy and stuff.  You didn't seem to mind too much.  You obliged to a few pictures and then let me know that it was time for breakfast.  We did our morning routine of you nursing/eating breakfast and then you playing while I ate.  Good Morning America was on in the background then came Live! with Kelly and Michael... you know, the good stuff.  It wasn't too much later that you went down for your morning nap.  It wasn't the longest nap (~50 mins) but enough for you to be cheery when we went to meet Granny for lunch at Cracker Barrel.  I figured you would want their biscuits... or maybe that was me.  Anyway, after a good lunch we headed to Goodwill before coming back home for your nap.  You went to sleep fine and took a better nap (~1 hr 20 mins).  Yay for good naps!  After a little photo session you played a while and then it was time for dinner.  You ate dinner (an okay dinnertime) and then we hung out until Daddy came home.  Daddy and I ate and offered you bits of what we were eating, but you weren't that interested.  No surprise there!  Afterwards we went on a family stroll around the neighborhood.  We talked again about how crazy it is that you're 1 and then about how it was around that time last year that you were quickly making your way into the world.  We got back inside in time for me to be holding you while we were taking a family picture at 7:07 pm, the time you were born.  Not necessarily planned but awesome that it worked out that way!  You never get to play with the TV remote so I let you play with it for a few minutes and then it was time for bath and bed.  I nursed you again and held onto you a little tighter before I put you down because you are growing up before my very eyes.  I want to cherish these sweet memories of your babyhood. 

A pretty good birthday if you ask me.  Nothing too exciting and out of the ordinary but I figure that you had what you needed, a family that is blessed beyond measure and loves you more than anything.


Birthday breakfast coming right up!


Lunch with Granny... and boy did you give her some good snuggles.


 Cute birthday feet!


Holding the TV remote.  A birthday present of sorts.


Our blessed family (minus Lily who was sitting below us).
Happy Birthday, once again, sweetheart!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Love that baby girl! Man, that year went fast!

Jenn & David said...

pretty good day indeed. Love her!