Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Oncology family

2 of my close c0-workers have recently left the vet school to pursue opportunities in private practices. We had parties for both of them leaving. I didn't bring my camera the day Meghann left but I remembered it for the day Fanchette left.
This is Fanchette with her going-away cake.
A close-up of her cake. Notice it's "half-black". We have a running joke about "half-black" because although Fanchette is "full-black" one of our doctors mentioned some time ago about her being "half-black" honestly thinking so because is so light skinned. We've all had many laughs about that and it couldn't be passed up when she left.
When one of our special patients die we usually try to send the owners a "Dog Heaven" or "Cat Heaven" book signed by those in our Oncology service. Well, since Fanchette was leaving us, Dr. Benoit decided to make her a "Tech Heaven" book, complete with funny pics and room for us to write our last words... hilarious stuff right there!

This is my almost complete dysfunctional Oncology family, plus a few extras!!

No comments: